Full Stack Rails Engineer
Software Engineering | San Francisco, CA, United States
MyWebRoom.com is a visual place where you can access your favorite websites, discover new content, connect with friends and interact with the products you love, all from one beautiful interface.
We are a fun collaborative startup who embrace lean engineering principles and follow the scrum methodology, allowing us to iterate quickly and frequently via our continuous delivery pipeline. We need a Full Stack Rails Engineer to help us build the next evolution of our product.
- Work with our Product team to implement the next iteration of myWebRoom products
- Build efficient and reusable back-end components
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Collaborate with other team members
- Identify and communicate best practices for back-end engineering
- Expert knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Solid Experience working with SQL databases - bonus for PostgreSQL
- Experience developing rich web applications
- Experience with a Front-End MVC Framework- bonus for Marionette and Backbone
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable and scalable code in a Services Oriented Environment
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience with design and architecture of high traffic web properties
- Experience with automation testing using RSpec
What we offer
- Casual / relaxed working environment with Darts, Table Tennis and more!
- Competitive Salaries and meaningful equity to our full-time employees.
- Flexible Vacation Time
- Full coverage of Medical Insurance
- Fully Stocked kitchen, catered lunches and weekly happy hours
- WFH flexibility
- On premise yoga & other fun activities
- Full time Mascot Puppy!!